/ Careers /
We are looking for the brightest stars to join our group. See below for open positions and contact us for more information:
Trademark Paralegal / Business Affairs Administrator
New York, NY
We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced office.
MUST HAVE TRADEMARK PARALEGAL EXPERIENCE
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
Provide administrative and legal support for the entire team while working closely with the COO.
Duties may include:
- Performing due diligence reviews and trademark searches
- Preparing and filing patent and trademark applications
- Maintaining trademark files and other records
- Identifying trademarks and confirming trademark rights
- Trademark filings and docketing
- Draft responses to office actions.
- Maintaining docket of trademark portfolio, organizing department within the internal company database.
- Screen and field telephone calls, client intake
- Word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and scanning/filing
- Timely follow-ups; Coordination with inside and outside attorneys regarding scheduling and finalizing on-going matters
- Assisting attorneys with day to day needs
- Data entry and file maintenance
- Generate, maintain and manage reports designed to provide analytical support
- Reviewing/answering emails
- Filing of legal documents
- Special Projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- trademark and copyright experience in a law firm
- Domain experience
- Extensive experience in conducting preliminary searches through the USPTO website, outside vendors and the internet
- In-depth awareness and understanding of trademark docketing and CPI
- Experience reviewing and analyzing full searches for attorneys
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to identify and diligently resolve problems
- filing and docketing
- Proficient with Clio Legal Software
- AltLegal Software knowledge is a plus
- Legal Billing
- Proficient in MS Office, Email, Internet research
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- The ability to work with multiple staff and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org